HybridZ

oil pressure question...

Guest ON3GO

im running into a few problems with my Z...

82' L28ET thats got less then 200 miles on it from stock rebuild.

2mm headgasket but head has been milled abit.. well a few times from shitty machine work.

stock style T3

toga HV oil pump.

stock turbo feed line

oil pressure.. ok whats a set answer as to where our oil pressure should be at a set rpm or whatever..

i have a autometer 2 5/8's gauge..

i dunno if its my sender or because i have a small oil leak at my oil pump that my oil pressure is very slow to respond...

im spitting a mist of oil all over my engine bay from the leak..

but does anybody have a answer as to what it should read at....

mike

Pressure should be 15-20 at idle, and at about 3500 rpm it will max out, I think my stock springs maxed at 60 or so, put one comp spring in and it goes up to 75 or so max now.

As to the slow resposne on the gauge--It's the ferrule. (sp?) I had the same problem with my Autometer when I first installed it. I was using the crappy nylon tube with the brass ferrule. What happens is as you tighten it down the ferrule twists and cuts off the flow to the gauge. I replaced the tube with the copper stuff, and voila. If you're already using the copper tube, then you're just tightening it too much. I put a wrench on the fitting, started it up, and tightened it up just enough to stop it leaking last time.