HybridZ

Z31 noob question: dash light

Some of you may know I recently acquired an '84 Straman.

Last week a yellow warning light lit up on the bottom right corner of the instrument cluster. I didn't get an owners manual with the car and my lame Chiltons manual has no mention of dash lights.

The icon looks like an amusement park carousel.

I took Auxilarys online class for Japanese pictograms that included the used panty machine but that hasn't helped. Clearly I need another class.

I listened to Meatloaf’s "Paradise by the dashboard lights" three times, but that didn't help either.

Does this mean the fun-ride is over? Do I need more "wooden horse" power?

Help a Z31 noob, please?

The little light that looks like a carousel is the low coolant light. The sensor is in the bottom of the overflow tank. Near as I have been able to figure the light is supposed to resemble a radiator. if it doesn't go out when it is full of coolant, or the sensor is unplugged, I highly recomend covering it with Harbor Freight electrical tape. Unless of course you are one of those people who actually expect things to work. :)

Joe

I think the only reason you made this post is because you wanted to refer to yourself as a "noob".

Seriously, though, an illuminated carousel logo means the clowns want to get out.

No, really: it means the pony has to go poopy.

(I got a million of 'em. Really, a million. I can be very annoying when I get started.)

Thanks guys,

I put water in the recovery bottle and the light went out. What a kick, eh?

Now, before I order my new timing belt kit, head temperature sensor, and manual on CD from Courtesy Nissan, is there anything else on this silly car I should replace? '84 non-turbo 139k miles. Yes, I already ordered a new fuel level sender to fix my gas gauge. Oh ya, how do I get the error codes out of the ECM?

Scott is so helpful, "The pony has to go poopy".