HybridZ

Its not a Z but man I loved driving it...

MIBPreacher

1989_Nissan_Euro.JPG

1989 Nissan Hardbody 2.4L 5spd 134 hp, most at its time in a factory 4banger.

My Mom gave me this truck when I became a senior in Highschool back in 1991. I still remember the day I dropped it, my mom was behind me in her car and she was following me and she realized that my truck was bouncing a little bit and then she realized that I lowered it and after that it was on, WWF(e) style. She gave up afterwards, some of the mods I did...

4inch suspension drop w/ aftermarket bumpstops upfront

3inch block drop in back, Ginzu knife the factory bumpstops from 6" to 2".:mrgreen:

California whale tail from JCWhitney, 249.00

Custom made bed cover 50.00 in wood, 15.00 in vinyl.

Foglights 39.99

Limo Tint 50.00

14" Enkei lookalike rims 69.99 a piece, from Truckin mag shop in SoCal.

Stainless wheel trim (not pictured)

8 splitfire sparkplugs, I had 2 per cylinder.

Flowmaster muffler, (worst decision made at 18, no HP after that.

2 cans of gloss black krylon, and painted the chrome bumper, and grille to go stealth.

Finally back to my Nissan roots....

Great little trucks! I used to own a white 1994 2.4L 4x4 (with 5 spd) and for the 9 years I owned and drove it (on and off road) the only problem I encountered was one of the air conditioning hard lines failed......and thats it! Sold it with 130K miles on it, to a chap in town, and he takes good care of it...still looks great. The only mods I did were a set of BFG all terrain tires (one size larger than the stock tires) and I fabricated a stout brush gaurd that I could also use to jack the truck up with a Hi-Lift jack. Now I own a white 2003 Toyota PreRunner.....reason for the brand change, the availablity of after market parts is endless. Comparing the two trucks, both are super reliable, I do miss the four wheel drive on occation, the Toyota has much better interior and a much nicer ride (longer wheel base and better damped and sprung suspension), and a larger bed area. Anyway, the Nissan truck was a good experience.