HybridZ

280ZX 2+2 Suspension

Guest DatsunSigma

Guest DatsunSigma

Hey guys, this is my first thread and it concerns the S130 2+2 suspension. On mine the suspension is real hard and I was wondering if there is any aftermarket supplier of the springs or shocks. I have seen springs for it but its for a coupe, not the 2+2. I figure that the front shocks will be the same but as for the rear, im not sure. Just wondering what you guys have done to resolve this. Thanks.

Guest DatsunSigma

Yea I've noticed that the shocks are the same, but the springs for the coupe arnt the same as for the 2+2. I was wondering if there is any other type of springs that might work... I did read that someone made their own springs for the 2+2 but I would'nt have any idea were to start with that. Any other suggestions?

MSA has springs for your car. But what are looking for? A little stiffer than stock, or very stiff? If you have intentions for auto-x and other types of racing I'd just go for Modern Motorsports coilovers, bit pricier than springs, but more customizable. Something I am considering in the future for my 280zx.

Like these other guys said the 2+2 had stiffer springs in the rear. The extra foot of car length acconts for couple hundred more pounds of weight. Thus this must be take into consideration when choosing custom spring rates.

280zx seater= ~2800 lbs

280zx 2+2= ~3000 lbs

Assuming the source I used to find the weight of a 2+2 is accurate.

Guest DatsunSigma

Pretty much, I was just looking for springs that are a little bit harder. The problem I was having was finding a company that made them for the 2+2. Thanks guy for the help!

• 9 months later...