HybridZ

Z31 300zx 3.54 diff and cv's into 73 240

bumble zee

Ok, according to the research I have done, I need new companion flanges. From what I have found, there are 2 options... $400 cnc flanges, or $250 welded flanges. Also from the archives, the spline count on the 240 is different, and I need to find 280z hubs.

Here is my question, I have the Z31 companion flanges. Could I take the Z31 and 240z companion flanges and just switch the flange part where the cv's bolt to? Do you see what I am getting at?

I have not started this swap at all yet, so you could say I am blind to what I am doing. I just want to get as educated as I can and know what can and cant be done... But this is Hybridz, anything is possible ;)

the first two pictures are my current setup w/ ross's adapters and 300zxt cv's the third picture is from stony I think. He had the rear strut modified to accept the 300z stub axel, and companion flandge.

I think that the stock 300z companion flandge is too long (deep) to install the stock length cv/haft shafts in a 73 z. I had to reverse/flip the out cv joint on my shafts to gain the extra clearence to get them to fit my car. The down side to this is that the outer cv joint looses some of it's,for lack of a better term, angle ability. You really should e-mail Ross at Modern Motorsport to get his input. I hope that hepls.:icon46:

• 2 weeks later...