HybridZ

LT1 Compressor

Bartman

I’m using an LT1 Compressor with my Vintage Air Install and I purchased the Compressor Adapter Block 34108-VUQ, Seal Washer Kit 33600-VUI and Offset Flange Pad Seal Washer Kit 33602-VUI. This comes with a bunch of parts, but no instructions about which parts are actually used and how.

I sent an email to tech support, but they didn’t know and referred me to Doc’s Blocks who actually manufactures the adapter blocks. I spoke with Mike at Doc’s Blocks and he was very helpful. So for those of you using the LT1 Compressor here’s what I learned. First, here’s a picture of the back of my compressor:

DSCF2303.JPG

It’s not the best picture, but the flange pads are offset, so it definitely requires the offset seal washers. The big question for me is what else was required to ensure that the connection is done correctly and won’t leak. Here’s a picture of everything that came with the parts I ordered:

DSCF2304.JPG

I guess they include a bunch of different parts that covers a wide range of different installs. The O-rings are only used for older R-12 installation so they won’t apply for my install. According to Mike I don’t need any of the other parts from Vintage Air other than the actual block and the two seal washers leaning against the block (one thicker than the other to compensate for the flange pad height difference). I’ll let you know if it holds pressure…