HybridZ

Suggestions on timing tuning on 8.2:1 compression...

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z
thanks 73Turbo240z i tried your map and now at the same boost my clutch starts to slip, so that has to show somthing improved there. :)

with what motor/turbo setup? no detonation? cause that timing map i posted was producing upper RPM pinging for me... lol glad i could help you break your car...

Guest 73Turbo240z
What yo2001 said! Thats massive timing dude! Here is mine: 15psitiming.GIF

Notice the sharp drop at 15psi between 3500 and 4500. Thats where boost comes on and where it blew the h/g last time so I was being ultra careful. No det with that map' date=' will tune it some more when I get to the dyno.

I am going to take some pics of my detonation detectors and write a tutorial tomorow.

Dave[/quote']

bump for the det detection tutorial... i went and snagged a stethoscope setup to plug into a fabbed up metal plate i'd bolt to my block, but if someone has a better idea, i'm all ears.

i know that in the Buick GN community they have a knock indicator gauge they use, reads kind of like a autometer A/F sweep unit, i was thinking if somthing like that could be hooked up to a stock ZXT knock sensor, that could be a viable option, that or figure out what the ZXT knock sensor does when it "hears knock" cause if it outputs a voltage in the presence of knock that could just be wired to an LED in the dash and bam, you have a visual "oh ****" gauge...

Could the stock knock sensor be wired into MS to temporarily retart the timing?

Yes, I plan to use the stock knock sensor on my Talon install. It does require building a seperate circuit, a fairly involved circuit. Look on the MSnS_Extra website to read more.