HybridZ

6-pt Rollcage Done - Pics of Sidebar

The machine shop just completed modifications to my 4-pt bolt-in rollbar. The rollbar was removed, the bolt-in pads expanded to 6"x6" and the rollbar welded in. After it was welded, they added 2 sidebars with a swingout on the drivers. These mods were done for the requirement track safety and my own piece of mind.

First thing I noticed was that the doors now close with a "thud". You can feel the extra stiffness, which does not say much for the rigidity of a stock Z chassis, hehe.

Scottie

Here is the rollbar just before the bolt-in pads were modified.

rollbar.jpg

Here you see the sidebars with the drivers side swingout locked in place. Note the pin towards the low side of the sidebar and the pivot point towards the high side.

sidebar1.jpg

Here you see the pin removed and the sidebar swung out for getting my big butt in and out.

sidebar2.jpg

Now that I have the car back, if my job will let me stay put in town for awhile I can find and fix this low-speed "vibration". With any luck the car will make its debut in about 2 weekends. I dont want to race it in case the vibration is a balance problem.

Scottie