HybridZ

Drive Train Problems???

I have a 77, 280z with a 350 sm blk chevy. I bought a TCI 400 turbo trans from summit. Also I ordered a 2020 stall converter and a new flex plate. My problem started this weekend after installation. When I rev the engine to its stall speed some times it goes and sometimes it doesnt. When it does lock up it feels like its slipping and has no power. I read the directions and feel I have installed the converter right. Im confident I have the correct distance between the flex plate and the converter. The pump is pumping and I have an external cooler everything seems in order could I have a bad trans or converter? can anyone help as I have spent a lot of money on this setup and i am still not driving the car. thanks jim :(

The only thing off the top of my head I could think of is to visually check the dentents of the linkage on the transmission compared to what your shifter is doing. Sometimes a shifter will indicate a "click" but the linkage is between positions. Are you sure the ears of the converter are engaging the pump? I've overlooked the obvious on more than one occasion so I'll throw this out to check the fluid level again. Hope you find the problem and its something simple. Where in Colordo?

Thanks John it was the fluid level Im using A 350 dip stick tube so when the trans is full it shows all the way up past full so I wasnt putting enought in . Shifts good now thanks by the way Im in loveland Co.

Earned most of my living there until recently. Glad it was something simple. Nice to see another HybridZ in the area. Loveland has some nice cars. Been over to your A&W on Friday summer cruise nights. Most of the locals don't get it until you pop the hood. Have to get together some time. John