HybridZ

I need a "Shorty" spark plug, Which one ???

I need a shorty spark plug. I have Pro straight plug aluminum heads, and Hooker block huggers. I was running the cheap $65.00 ebay headers, but decided to get new Hookers. I was running AC Delco FR5LS, which I was told to use for my application. They fit w/ no problems with the cheap headers. I know that Accell makes shorty plugs and I had them before, but they were the wrong application. Any other choices? If Accell, what would be the correct Part #'s? What are you guys using that are in the same boat as me? Thanks.

Very interesting. I did not know they made shorty plugs. I bought the ebay headers. Heated and dimpled them to get clearance for the middle plugs. What is the best solution? Is there a header that fits and has room for sparkplugs?

i just installed accel shorty plugs this past weekend on the z.

the extra clearanceis a blessing!

they help keep the boots from getting too close to the headers and maybe from dipling them.

i have the scarab headers.dont know if that makes a difference.i didnt take any pics and i wont be able to for atleast a week.i work away from home.

• 2 weeks later...

I have dart pro1 straight plug heads, moroso blue max wires and patriot block huggers. I also used the accel shorty plugs. The clearance I gained was on the end cylinders (1,2,7 abd 8). All the inner cylinders 3,4,5 and 6 had to have dimples on the headers.

It's kind of a pain to dimple those headers because it is at an angle and kind of far inside.