HybridZ

Looking for reliable spark

currently running an l28et with an upgraded hybrid turbo and installing msns-e soon. My concern is the stock ignition and how it will hold up. I currently have a GM coil with a GM ignition module using a stock 83 dist. I was thinkin about a z31 turbo coil and leaving my gm ign module but i dont know if they would be compatible. Is this possible? Don't really know much about spark and ignition, kinda new to this all, but would like to know what my best course of action would be. would i be able to get sufficient spark with the GM coil? I have also been looking at blaster coils on ebay and the msd hvc. Please help me. BTW As far as my megasquirt goes for installation i have the msns-e v2.2 with the flybackboard and the 240sx tb with the tps and was looking at the universal harness from rs-autosport. what is the purpose of the power dist /relay board for the megasquirt(saw this on rs-autosport also) I have heard there is a much cheaper alternative(strapped for cash)? anything else i need for my ms installation.

the relay board just kinda centralizes the 3 common relays and some fuses and it labels the outputs for easier wiring after you've made your DB29 cable, I've had a lot of problems out of the HEI and plan to swap back to the MSD soon

can i use the ms without that board and just wire the harness to those relays i need? what kind of problems with the hei did u have? what kind of coil were u using it with? anyone else know if i can use the 300zx turbo coil with this hei or leave the gm coil i have on there now? please chime in if u can help me.

yes you can run MSnS without the relay board, just gotta wire it differently and you'l have to wire the relays individualy, my problems with the HEI? well the things gets crazy hot and burt my fingers, I've burnt 2 of them up, finally got a flamethrower HEI and it's lasted quite a while, and the revs kind of fall off at high rpm's getting it to rev over 5500 is about impossible now, I'm running a MSD blaster 2 coil, yes you can run the Z31 or gm coil, they are rpetty universal, they are not all equal but they are pretty well interchangable