HybridZ

Subframe Connectors

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi Everybody,

My Z is currently receiving a major o-haul. New (rebuilt) 450+hp 355, LSD diff with c.v. shafts, poly bushings, Eibach springs, KYB struts, ball joints, 8 point cage ect... I almost have everything ready for reassembly but I have yet to find premade subframe connectors. If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate it. I saw Petes site with the connectors he made & they look great but I'm not a parts fabricator. I can usually modify existing parts though. I've done almost all work on my car but if I can't locate any I will pay to get someone to make them. I'd appreciate any leads on someone in my area (Phoenix, Az).

Second question:

What weak links have you guys found on your rides? After over a year of harsh driving (my driving habits & 110+ deg heat) all I could manage to brake was my Chevy driveshaft, (I twisted it).

Thanks for all your great info I've already gotten from this site & for any info to be received.

Glenn

Glenn, My car is aprox 475 hp and the weak link in my car was the small hollow roll pin

that holds the large steel shaft that holds the planetary gears in place... when that roll pin lets go the large shaft will float back and fourth and it gets chewed up in the pinion gear. In my case when the shaft got tangled up in the pinion it blew out the sprag in my tranny... needles to say a

cheesy 2.00$ roll pin just cost me 400.00