HybridZ

Jason juse a couple of more qusetions

Okay Z

Hey Jason 1I have a few more questions. I think I'd probly go for a tranny from a 240sx as it is easier than a tranny swap from a z32,It looks sounds like a 240sx tranny [from the links you posted last]would just bolt in, would it?In you'r opinion do you think swaping a tranny from a 87 turbo would be worth trying to find?Or would it be possible to rebuild the bog warner to handle around 400 hp at the wheels?

You mentioned you had 6 Zs,do you have a 87 turbo tranny or 85 Na you would part with?I hate to keep asking you but you don't have a transmition and cluthc section on you'r site,and I none of the other sites and faqs have much info on these either.Where should I buy the cluthc from?is there a place that has good prices that you buy from?

In my last post you asked why 3 grand and the reason is that is the most I can spend,and that is what it would cost to Reach my goal which is to get my car to have Corvette performance,or performance like you'r car,how much did it cost you to get what you have?

Anyway to get 400 rwhp It would cost me about three grand at least thats about the prices I got while checking around for what I'll need,I am listing what I saw, from places that sell new or rebuilt,or items and prices that regualrly appear on ebay[i know I could get cheaper if I got the parts from a junkyard, or if people like you were selling there old stuff,but that isn't always an option]

Anyway here is waht I got.

Clutch kit Act stage 3 $350,fuel injectors,mercedes like you mentioned 2-300 from Napa,I guess 500 for tranny,maybe cheaper if I go with a 240sx tranny I might get a good deal from a junkyard,Turbo 700,fuel pump from a z32 250,Ecu Megasquirt 300,My buddy thought that itwould cost about 700 to rebuild the engine and another 300 to have the heads ported and polished,[i have an uncle who is a machinest so if he wanted to do it it would help save some money],400 for an intercooler,150 for new lifters,and 200 for a new cam.[my engine has a single overhead right?or is it duel?

What do you think?I'm just trying to ballpark what it'l cost and what I need so I know how much money I'll need to raise.

THe first thing I'm going to do is put on an intercooler and replace the clutch and tranny then put the boost to 12 psi untill I can rebuilt the engine and the rest of the pgrades,I'm wondering if i do that can I damage my engine enough so that it would cost more to rebuild?or would I have to replace the same ammount of stuff when I rebuilt anyway?

Thanks.

P.S.If mount cookson is reading this do you have an intercooler you would be interestred in selling in the future?

Sorry, I only have the one I'm using on my Maxima and another that I'm putting on the Z (the one I'm putting on the 300ZX is just a cheapy Skyline intercooler that I'm just using for slightly better than stock performance. Its not very big at all.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jason84NA-T
Hey Jason 1I have a few more questions. I think I'd probly go for a tranny from a 240sx as it is easier than a tranny swap from a z32,It looks sounds like a 240sx tranny [from the links you posted last']would just bolt in, would it?

No, to put in a s13 trans you need to swap the bell housings, which means swapping the front half of the trans case. There are a few small differences in the transmissions, but they are essentially the same. I would say swapping in a Z32 trans is just a waste of time unless you can find one cheaper than the 87-89T Z31 trans, which is (again abviously) the same unit for about the same price.

In you'r opinion do you think swaping a tranny from a 87 turbo would be worth trying to find?Or would it be possible to rebuild the bog warner to handle around 400 hp at the wheels?

87-89T trans' date=' no brainer. T5's will give you trouble and unless you want to spend $1000 on upgrades for it, they won't be as reliable as the nissan turbo trans at the same power level.

You mentioned you had 6 Zs,do you have a 87 turbo tranny or 85 Na you would part with?I hate to keep asking you but you don't have a transmition and cluthc section on you'r site,and I none of the other sites and faqs have much info on these either.Where should I buy the cluthc from?is there a place that has good prices that you buy from?

I have a couple T5's I could sell, but the only 87-89T transmissions I have are spares for when my car breaks them.

In my last post you asked why 3 grand and the reason is that is the most I can spend' date='and that is what it would cost to Reach my goal which is to get my car to have Corvette performance,or performance like you'r car,how much did it cost you to get what you have?

[/quote']

With the purchase price of the car, I have put about 8-9 grand into it total for rapairs, upgrades, etc. Engine parts were probably 4 grand of that, but that includes having to replace lots of broken things over the years (transmissions, diffs, driveshafts, flywheels, clutches, etc).

Clutch kit Act stage 3 $350' date='fuel injectors,mercedes like you mentioned 2-300 from Napa,I guess 500 for tranny,maybe cheaper if I go with a 240sx tranny I might get a good deal from a junkyard,Turbo 700,fuel pump from a z32 250,Ecu Megasquirt 300,My buddy thought that itwould cost about 700 to rebuild the engine and another 300 to have the heads ported and polished,[i have an uncle who is a machinest so if he wanted to do it it would help save some money'],400 for an intercooler,150 for new lifters,and 200 for a new cam.[my engine has a single overhead right?or is it duel?

What do you think?I'm just trying to ballpark what it'l cost and what I need so I know how much money I'll need to raise.

ACT clutch can be had for a little over $300 from the spec shop.

Injectors can be purchased used from numerous cars, I am using 550cc RX-7 TII injectors.

700 for turbo is fair, but you can do better

Use a walbro fuel pump... $95 on ebay

MS... awesome. Let me know how that turns out. Otherwise, nistune would really be a better investment IMHO.

Why would you rebuild when you can buy low-miles units for $300 or less?

$300 for porting? Wow, you found a real heck of a deal there. Anyone I know who is iny good charges $600+ for V6 heads.

$400 for an IC will buy you a nice unit. Make sure to count cost of piping, couplers and clamps though.

You don't need aftermarket cams to make 400rwhp

New lifters can be had from nissanparts.cc for a little over $100.

-Jason