HybridZ

Help with hookers... headers, please

Guest technomancer

Guest technomancer

Hello,

I am new to hybridz, but have been a Z owner for many years, and many Z's.

Now I staring at a "rolling chassis" no engine, tranny, or rear diff. The POwner also has a set of hooker headers that he bought for the swap that he never started...

How can I tell if they are the "right" ones, and the RIGHT PRICE about $300-400 ?

I have been reading, bracing myself for this project, and am now diving in head first.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

technomancer

Guest technomancer

I am planning to use a chevy 350, and would also appreciate any feedback about which 3, 4, or 5 speed would be best. Hoping to get either a 4 or 5 speed.'

Thanks

technomancer

Depends on what engine you will be using, what type of kit/motor mounts you will be using, and what model number the hookers are....

for instance, if you are going to use an LT1 with the JTR kit, For the D-Ports you will need headers for the D-port exhaust, as they are not only shaped differently but have a higher roof and floor for the ports, and don't play well with headers for standard ports.. You will want to use the Sandersons that are on the JTR page, they are made well and fit very well, and properly match the ports, and JTR has them for 75.00 less than Sanderson sells them for.. If you are using convential SBC heads, many block-hugger style headers will work.. Just do your research and search on here.. It has been discussed many times..

Guest technomancer

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am a total NEWBIE with designs for a hybridZ.

I will do some more searching, ASAP.

I just wonder if $300-400 is fair for brand new hooker headers. Apparently, they were special for the 350chevy to Z application. In that one of the driver's side forward "tubes" is removable to allow the steering column to pass through.

This price is only approximate, in that there are other parts bundled for a different price. I am just "parsing" out the estimated price for the hookers. This "bundle" does include motor mounts for the v-8 to Z, but it's NOT the JTR kit. These look more like "channel" iron. Slots are cut in for the bolts, and the channel itself is "beveled." When I get them I'll "mike" them, photocopy them, photgraph them, and clone them for next years' hybridz #2

Thanks,

technomancer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Technomancer,

We run Hooker super comp headers on our Z-Car. If you are coming to the SEZ6 shootout you can compare headers on diffirent z-cars. That is what I would do before buying anything. Take a look at all the diffirent configurations etc.

John

I am planning to use a chevy 350' date=' and would also appreciate any feedback about which 3, 4, or 5 speed would be best. Hoping to get either a 4 or 5 speed.'

Thanks

technomancer[/quote']