HybridZ

How about 409hp on pump gas???

Got this from freshalloy.

"Well i have some new tricks up my sleeve!! I am currently in the middle of helping in the development of Nissdata. simply put it is programamble engine management for Nissans that works just like Hondata. With the system installed the car made 409 Hp / 332 Tq as compared to my previous bests wiht the exact same setup 382 Hp / 305 Tq. This is was doen aat 21.3 psi on 93 octane pump gas on a bone stock block and head, including stock headgasket. Fuel curves are very smooth. You will be hearing more about the system in the coming few weeks....but for now here are the results. My cars specs are as follows:

Red Top SR, GT3040 Turbo (52 trim comp. / 84 Trim Exh.), JGS Turbo Log manifold, Greddy Intake manifold, Tomei 555cc Injectors, Z32 mafs, Tial 40 mm wastegate, custom downpipe, Blitz LM series IC kit."

Here is the link:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=340118&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

The last post in that thread was in late 2002... I found this with searching:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=64913

"I have been reading alot about this lately over on the freshalloy forums. They had originally started work on a ROM tuning project that they called nissdata. They gave up on the specific "nissdata" project, but continued work on similiar custom tuned ROM's for the RWD SR20's. It seems that they have a pretty in depth knowledge of the editing various aspects of the stock ECU. There are quite a few cars now using their ECU's and they are making good power. If they are able to tune the FWD ECU i think i will be making a trip to florida and selling the JWT. Dont get me wrong JWT is great and makes things very easy for us in terms of easy tuning. However, I feel that there is a great deal of power to be had if timing and fuel curves are custom tuned to a certain vehicle rather than putting out a stock program for all to use."

I didnt find a current link, but it appears to be a tuned or edited rom chip for the stock ecu.... and would probably need custom attention to work in the Z?

Guest el240z

Enthalpy ditched that idea a long time ago. He was working on Nissdata when he was still working for Top Secret(I think it was called) in Florida. Enthalpy is a great tuner and does mainly mail in ecu tunes like JWT. Basically you tell him what you have in your car and he will custom tune the ECU for you. He would have been my choice for tuning if I still had my SR.

eL