HybridZ

Took the GTP to the track tonight

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Took the GTP I bought two weeks ago to Wilkesboro Dragstrip tonight.

First run was my best run of the night at 9.45 @ 73.54 mph. The strange part is that my first ever drag run back in 1995 in my 240Z was exactly the same ET and MPH!!

They didn't put anymore VHT down for the rest of the night and my other 22 runs backed that fact up with 9.59-9.78.

Not bad for a heavy family car but definitely BORING!! Drag racing automatics SUCKS!!!

I worked on the Z today for 8 hours and am getting nearly ready to assemble everything so hopefully I will have my "REAL RACE CAR" at the track by April!!

My buddies Z06 Vette ran a 7.32 @ 102 mph but he had no traction in 1st and 2nd. If he could hook he'd be in the high 6's for sure.

A supercharged Z06 blasting down the track is music to the ears!!

Later,Norm

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Yeah Turbo cars DO hate the 1/8 mile!!

I raced a 650 HP Supra at the 1/8 mile track two years ago and took him all the way until the last 20 ft where he then passed me like I was sitting still!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bastaad525

actually I wasn't even thinking of that ROFL

I was just saying... I hate 1/8th mile tracks because all my reference points for if a car is 'fast' or not all center on full 1/4 mile runs... so when you say you ran 9.45 in the 1/8th I really have no idea if that is 'fast' or not and always have to ask "so what would that be in the 1/4?". :mrgreen:

actually I wasn't even thinking of that ROFL

I was just saying... I hate 1/8th mile tracks because all my reference points for if a car is 'fast' or not all center on full 1/4 mile runs... so when you say you ran 9.45 in the 1/8th I really have no idea if that is 'fast' or not and always have to ask "so what would that be in the 1/4?". :mrgreen:

Haha...right!!!!!!!!!! Sorta like the YEN and DOLLAR thing over here or the KILO vs POUND....annoying stuff!!

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

put it on the bottle and blow it up!!! HAHA

I'd like to put a pulley and chip in it someday but I'll never run it as hard as the Z.