HybridZ

starting

Custom

I just bought a 76 280z and it won't turn over it just clicks (kind of sounds like static electricity) and as it FN' cold outside rate now and no room in the garage I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the problem before i go at it?

I've had similar problems several times and every time it had been a problem with an electical connection. Check the battery, replace if needed, and then check the wire that runs from there to the starter, replace if needed, and check all the wires that branch off of that connection. If you use a systematic approach, you should find the problem in no time.

The solenoid is part of the starter. Unless you were really saying "I think it might be the starter motor." Check your Haynes manual, P151. Shows how to test the coil.

lol i was saying that it might be the starter motor i am going to bring it in to the auto parts store tomarrow, i have a haynes manual on order it coming tomarrow. also the wiring is really bad all over the car so i'll clean up the connections and test the ohms in the wires as sugested. but when i do the v8 swap i will redo all wirring.