HybridZ

part number of RB30 crankshaft

KAZU

Unfortunately, even if you had the crank, it would not do you any good. The RB30 uses a block that is 1 inch taller than the others. If you were to use the crank in a shorter block, you would have extreme rod angles that would not handle any kind of power. Not to mention that you would have pistons that stuck out the top of the block.

Brian

• 1 month later...
Brian, thank you for the input but I would't have such trouble. I must say the crankshaft will be fit in an alternate block, aka L28.

Out of curiosity I compared the RB30 crank I have with an L28's. Journal sizes are not even close. The L28 rod's will not fit. Don't waste your money on one to put in an L series block.

Out of curiosity I compared the RB30 crank I have with an L28's. Journal sizes are not even close. The L28 rod's will not fit. Don't waste your money on one to put in an L series block.

Thank you for your kindness. I've not ordered it yet.

Journal diameter is identical between them, isn't it? Narrowed stock or custom billet rods with VG30 rod bearings may be needed, though.

Thank you for your kindness. I've not ordered it yet.

Journal diameter is identical between them' date=' isn't it? Narrowed stock or custom billet rods with VG30 rod bearings may be needed, though.[/quote']

Just went out and looked again. The main bearings are both the same diameter but not the same width. L series have a wider width.

Also you will be dealing with the oil pump, timing gear and harmonic balancer problems. The RB crank has a smaller diameter so the L28 gear will have about a quarter inch play.

Narrowing stock rods would be iffy in my opinion. There would be alot of metal being removed and structural integrity would be affected.