HybridZ

who makes wireing harnesses for rb25 in 280zx

herbal

hi there,

no one makes them where i come from. (malaysia) on top of that, i'm no wiring expert... what i did was have a wire man connect all related wires to make my car run as stock as possible.. i know he seperated all the steering column indicators ie. single, windshield wipers lights etc... and then took off all abs and traction control sensor wirings... spliced all engine realted sensor wiring to make the meter cluster work. alot of the r33 wiring was actually stripped and rendered useless. the 280zx is very basic and most of its steering cluster wiring was maintained... i would advice you to change the meter cluster to the r33 one as well so you wont have any headaches in recalibration. thats what i eventually did anyway.

as for the 3 meters you have that are origianl clock, oil press and temp as well as your volt meters... that can still be used but how accurate i dont know... i replace all of mine to aftermarket SARD exhaust temp, oil press and boost. i'm sorry i dont have the detail knowledge to walk you though this noodle meal of yours.. HIHIHI all the best... :)

like the title says. were can i send the r33 harness and the s130 harness and have them make me a kit?

J

No one makes anything like that...primarily because you have to tap into some of the existing wires, it's not all nice and new like them new cars...

I'm doing wiring on my car now and doing a writeup, although it's only for a 240Z, it MIGHT be helpful.

thanks guys, thats what i was afraid of. This is going to be fun! I am an electrical certified mechanic but this is a little over my head i have never done something of this magnitude. but basicly your saying that i can use most of the original harness in the 280zx and splice in the r33 connectors?

J

thanks guys' date=' thats what i was afraid of. This is going to be fun! I am an electrical certified mechanic but this is a little over my head i have never done something of this magnitude. but basicly your saying that i can use most of the original harness in the 280zx and splice in the r33 connectors?

J[/quote']

Pretty much... I'm doing this right now on my 240Z Chassis, I think my car is a bit easier since it's carbbed.

I spoke with Mack at McKinney Motorsports the other day and he said he's building a harness to easily connect the RB to the 240Z. He may be able to work something up for your application.

Seriously, if you wanted to think about this... it's only like 10 wires to connect the motor to the chassis. I am working on a write up... but if you want to fork out money thats all on you. (Words for the wise thats all)

Seriously, if you wanted to think about this... it's only like 10 wires to connect the motor to the chassis. I am working on a write up... but if you want to fork out money thats all on you. (Words for the wise thats all)

I wasn't planning on buying thw harness from him. I figure I'll just rewire the whole car before I install my RB. That way the installer will have a nice clean harness to connect to.I do plan to buy the mounts from Mckinney. No sense in recreating the wheel.

I wasn't planning on buying thw harness from him. I figure I'll just rewire the whole car before I install my RB. That way the installer will have a nice clean harness to connect to.I do plan to buy the mounts from Mckinney. No sense in recreating the wheel.

I would highly suggest you ask which chassis they designed the mounts on... if you search in this forum for his mounts, we have discussed them before too.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=102578&highlight=mount+kit

I would highly suggest you ask which chassis they designed the mounts on... if you search in this forum for his mounts' date=' we have discussed them before too.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=102578&highlight=mount+kit

Thanks, I somehow missed that thrread during my travels through the RB archives. This seems like a much better deal than Mckinney.

Thans, I somehow missed that thrread during my travels through the RB archives. This seems like a much better deal than Mckinney.

That's what we're here for... if you want you can come take a look at my setup if you don't mind driving down to Orange County (Westminster). See if you like it.