HybridZ

3.0L VG30ET: 2 x GT28RS?

BLOZ UP

OK, my two cents... I apologize for the earlier rant, but discospud is a ricer term in my book. Honda drivers use it all the time...:icon45:

GT28's are an upgrade from the modded T22's that are used in '90 to '96 Z32TT's. A lot of them have been installed on these cars.

The GT28 is a very nice size turbo for 1.5 liters displacement. They should easily boost to 20-22 PSI. Just make sure you have big intercooler capacity.

The other turbo that should work nicely is the PE1420 (Power Enterprises). A friend of mine has a shop in Jersey that can get you good prices on turbos of this size. His website:

http://www.amzperformance.com

The Mitsubishi 16G's look like a better (and waaaay cheaper) alternative to the GT28's, although they would be my second choice so far.

Hmm, now that I look at the website, the GT2860R 55 Trim looks nice!

Well, at least I have a long while before I have to make the decision.

Holset HX25... I just bought one and the exhaust housing definitely looks small enough for 1.5 liters to spool pretty quickly. I'm planning on putting it on a MR2 Spyder (1.8 liter) and it should work out pretty well. Going by Holset's specs, it should support up to 360 hp. Two would be a blast.

They're a bit hard to find but are rather cheap when you do find them. I picked mine up in perfect condition with no shaft play at all for 245 shipped... it'll support as much power as the GT28RS for nearly a 6th of the cost. Definitely can't beat that.