HybridZ

Bought an S30!!!!!

savageskaterkid

Well, its final, I just purchased a 78' 280z, It looks to be in quite good shape. A bit of rust thats visable, and the guys said the frame is solid, as are the floor pans. Its a 5-speed and has an aftermarket sun roof, which is the majority of the visible rust. It is BEUTIFUL. Now all I gotta do is ship it from NC. http://www.twowizards.com/280/WebForm1.aspx

Guest 280ZForce

how much u buy it for? does it run? is that mold behind the seats on the floor? if there is mold there...good chance of rust underneath it, so i'd double check those floors that he says r good. the steering wheel has some kind of disease...or moles? haha...easily replaced tho. good luck w/ it!

congrats tho and welcome to the Z family!

I was told about the steering wheel, I paid 1300 for it, which is less then what I would buy a 280zx in worse condition here. In my area the price of Z's has gone up to around 3000 and up for a DECENT one. Anybody know of any shipping companies that does buissness in NC and VA. Or would anybody like to tow it on a dolly for a fee?

Ps. It does run and drive, but will need a new U-joint soon. And possibly new injectors, but I believe I have some remanufacured ones lying around here somewhere.

We agreed half now, and half when it gets picked up. I sent the deposit via paypal, and have to send a casiers check with the remaining half of the purchase. He said to get the money out of his paypal account has some outragious fees that he would rather not pay. So its a check. He is located in Fairview, right outside asheville. If you can help it will be much appreciated, and if possible could you tell me what it would cost you to bring it with you.

do you know of any good shippers that are cheaper then DAS? They want something like 800-900 to get it from terminal to terminal, not even door to door. Thats almost as much as I spent on the car. I spent just about everything I had for a car, on that car. So I gotta find a cheaper way of shipping. But the guy is being VERY leniant on the amount of time its there.

Guest iskone

How far away from it are you? When I bought my first S30 (also a 78 280) I drove it home 3 hrs. I drove the 240 home about 5hrs, well I had to stay the night when my timing belt flew of the Dizzy.

If it's drivable then drive it home, when/if it breaks that's half the fun!!! I'd say anythng under a 8hr drive you should go for it!!!

Isk