HybridZ

What can seal up a Fuel leak on a plastic tank?

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

im having some fuel leak problems on my plastic fuel cell.

i wanna try and seal it up some how with a sealent but what?

fuel will just eat threw most of what i either have or know about.

any ideas?

ill be going to a metal one once i take the car apart again but for now this is all i have...

mike

When I bought my 280Z in 1989, it had a pinhole leak in the bottom of the fuel tank. I went to my local hardware shop (pre-home depot days) and the old man said, "If I had a dime for every gas tank I fixed with this, I'd be rich." He handed me a tube of Seal-All. It's been 17years and it still isn't leaking! I cleaned it to the metal, smeared the stuf on it, and let it dry. Not sure about the plastic though.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/SealAllGlueReview.htm

Mike is it leaking out of the bottom fittings?

They all do this as they are shipped, all you have to do is tighten them. YOu can replace the washers toooooo, but that wasnt nessecary for me.

And btw these tanks are the biggest POS's ever. I owuld have never bought one had I actually known what I was doing when I did buy it. Ill be going FUELSAFE later and completely rebuilding the back floor.... but the money required for a good fuel cell is wayyy outta budget. Wish I would have just modified my stock tank....

-Austin

Guest ON3GO

not from the fittings, from the fricken sender! like around it.

its causing my spudder up top, the fuel pressure now flutters bad when boost comes on.

ya ill never buy a plastic tank again, fuelsafe is what im going with too, 16gallon badass! i hate my 12 gallon.....

mike