HybridZ

Ls1 flywheel help : F1 vs. Fidanza

rustrocket

Looking at a flywheel for my ls1 / 510 swap. Here are my options:

F1 x-lite chromoly, 13 lbs $239 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RACING-X-LITE-FLYWHEEL-98-02-CAMARO-FIREBIRD-LS1-5-7_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33732QQitemZ8048064008QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

OR fidanza aluminum, 12.5 pounds $295 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIDANZA-ALUMINUM-FLYWHEEL-Camaro-Trans-Am-Corvette-LS1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33732QQitemZ8047153337QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I couldnt find any manufacturer website for the F1 Racing wheel, so i'm leaning towards the Fidanza for their decent reputation. Any recommendations or first hand experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

I know that u guys dont like honda too much but my friend has their stage 3 clutch on his 11 sec hatchback. That clutch is damn good. He convinced me to buy the stage 3 clutch for my z. I dont have the car running yet but i am going to soon. the clutch is installed but my car is not starting. I just swaped my motor and trying to figure it out.

But actually f1 racing uses fidanza flywheels as part of their clutch packages. So i dont know if that info helps or not. I find it kind of odd that they dont use their own flywheel with the clutches. But as far as the brand goes for their clutch my friend and i agree that the way that the stage 3 clutch grabs will kill the tranny before it dies.