HybridZ

Need help on RC GAS truck!

ULISES

Hi,

Any of you guy's have any experience on gas powered rc car's?

I purchased the T-MAX 3.3 engine last Sunday,I checked out the indtruction on the cd included.got everything ready and try to start it, it did turned over and started for a second and died after that I tried one more time again it did turned over but would not start.got tired and put it away, Yesterday I tried and now it won't turn or anything.

My guess is the the eazy start is dead. I'm going back to the hobby place and have them take a look at it.I just wanted to see if you guys can hlep me before I do go to them.

Thank you!

Yeah like green said that may be your prob. 2 years ago I had my first hybrid...I had the HPI RS4 with the traxxas 2.5 T-maxx motor. If I ever learn how to post pics in threads I would show you. Very expensive hobby because things ALWAYS break. So I got mad at it, sold it for dirt cheap and bought a Z! LoL Good Luck.

You may have fouled out the glo plug too.I don't know what fuel you're running,but get the 20% nitro,don't get the 10%.I've had good luck setting the carb lean,get her started,then adjust for a more rich setting.Blue smoke is what you want to see.I've got the OFNA Dominator truck,with the Picco .26.Fun hobby,but like others said,expensive,and the engines are extremely tempermental.Very slight adjustments on the idle and enrichment screws go a long way...Good luck!

pull the glo plug out of it, turn it over about 5-6 times, check the batteries for the starter glo plug thingy {dunno the techy term for it}

to get fuel into the chamber/carb, put your finger over the exhaust pipe. don't do it too much or you will have to repeat the above.

once it is half *** idling, turn the trim on the controller up a notch or two, to get it to idle higher till it's warm.

before running it, set the truck up on something high enough and stable enough that you can run it at WOT, and partial throttle to adjust the carb. shouldn't take more then 5 mins to tune it. if need be, send me the truck, i'll tune it for ya. for a small fee of course

Thank's all,

The problem was the piston get stuck on new engines (its really comun).

I went to the hobby store and they solved the problem, wverything mentioned above was done before asking the question,I also tried turning the piston but did not do it right LOL,I was just pushing the truck back an forward but I did mentioned to my brother.Well I will start the break in process today!

Thank's again!

I had the same problem on my rs4 nitro. the head bolts(screw?) were on too tight. I usually have the trim on the remote set to lean out on the throttle and try to start it and gradually adjust the trim until it does. Its a pain to start when the chambers flooded and messy.