HybridZ

MS Is Wired! now for the trouble shooting!

badjuju

I'll search up about this tonight, but i'm having some issues...

Relay board

PCB 2.2

Homeade Relay cable

I plugged in my relay board to my MS box using my homeade cable, and one of the relays started clicking, while simultaniously the first two lights (INJ and Warm UP) flickered on and off. I plugged the box into my laptop to no avail. I went to the testing part of Megatune, and it said there is no connectivity.

Does this look like a problem with my COM Port setup (i've never used any com ports extensively, and this laptop's com port has never been used), or does it look like i royaly f'd something up?

I do not have a stim board, but I am planning on running msns 024s13c.

Is the switch supposed to be on when you are tuning? what about when you're putting new code in it?

is the new code (msns024s13c) the same as firmware?

I'll search up about this tonight' date=' but i'm having some issues...

Relay board

PCB 2.2

Homeade Relay cable

I plugged in my relay board to my MS box using my homeade cable, and one of the relays started clicking, while simultaniously the first two lights (INJ and Warm UP) flickered on and off. I plugged the box into my laptop to no avail. I went to the testing part of Megatune, and it said there is no connectivity.

Does this look like a problem with my COM Port setup (i've never used any com ports extensively, and this laptop's com port has never been used), or does it look like i royaly f'd something up?[/quote']

Sounds like your MS board is resetting hardcore. Check ALL of your power and grounds.

K after remaking my relay cable twice more, With the same results, I made a wiring harness out of the relays sent to me with the box, using this diagram:

msschem.jpg sorry if that didn't come out right, never posted a pic on this forum before.

anyways, the cute little bastard clicks on my relays, and it now communicates with my laptop. now i've just got questions about setup.

in megatune, as i go to input moby's tables from the install guide, i notice that his table has 8 columns for different rpm, while my table has 12. How do i get my table down to 8x8 from 12x12?

If you download my o21u settings from the map sharing sticky I think it will have the 12x12 tables. You may have to install 021u on a pc temporarily to view the file. Don't load it on your megasquirt though, just use it on a pc to look at the fie settings.

K, I have the file downloaded, and I can read it with all the most current files installed, but the table comes out like this:

KPa %

11 105 110 111 115 117 117 113 110 109 108 106 103

6 99 105 106 108 110 111 110 107 105 104 102 99

208 99 102 104 107 110 110 111 110 108 107 104 102

etc... the kpa values go up to down as follows: 11,6,208,7,12,255,100,0,10,1,3,69

and the rpm goes left to right: 1200,2000,3000,4000,200,500,200,10000,20000,1600,100,1500.

So i'm going to install megatune in a different directory with 021u, and hope it turns out better... meanwhile, moby, these are your settings with 450cc/min, but i only have 311 cc/min... i was going to use your stock tune to do this, because it's my first time. any suggestions?