HybridZ

Rb 25 Det Ecu Pinout And Wire Color

zx300

Sorry for this.. but I don't know how to attach a file....

RB25DE/T MAIN ENGINE HARNESS

WIRES NEEDED FROM “WHITE PLUG†(HARNESS THAT PLUGS IN CHASSIS)

1. START SIGNAL – AF09 – GREY/ RED.

2. MAIN IGNITION POWER – AF36 – BLACK / RED (THICK WIRE)

3. ECCS BACKUP POWER – AF04 – RED (THICK WIRE)

4. ECCS POWER – AF29 – WHITE / BLACK.

5. FUEL PUMP SIGNAL – AF73 – BLACK / PINK.

6. CHECK ENGINE SIGNAL – AF10 – RED / WHITE.

7. TACHOMETER SIGNAL (OUT) MF01 – YELLOW / LAVENDER.

8. AIR REGULATOR – AF99 – BABY BLUE.

9. VTC, AAC, & 02 SENSOR – AF37 – LEVENDER / WHITE.

10. WATER TEMPERATURE (OUT) - MA26 – LAVENDER / BLACK.

11. INJECTORS POWER – AF81- GREY.

12. HICAS DIAGNOSTIC/ SPEED LIMITER – MJ04 – YELLOW/ GREEN

RB25DE/T LOWER ENGINE HARNESS

13. SPEED SENSOR – GREY/RED + YELLOW/ PURPLE

14. REVERSE SWICTH – GREEN/BLUE + RED W/ GREY DOT

15. NUETRAL SWITCH – GREEN/ORANGE + BLACK W/ GREY DOT

16. OIL PRESS SIGNAL – LIGHT BLUE W/ GREY DOT + YELLOW WHITE

17. START SIGNAL WIRE - (ON STARTER) – BLACK/WHITE (THICK)

18. ALTERNATOR WIRES – WHITE W/ RED DOT + LIGHT GREEN W/ RED DOT.

240Z CHASSIS

WARNING!!! CHECK WITH TEST LIGHT BEFORE CONNECTING!!!!

NOTE: MATCH RB # WITH 240Z #

1. RB START SIGNAL “AF09† 240Z STEERING COLUMN  IGNITION HARNESS – BLACK/YELLOW.

2. RB MAIN IGNITON POWER “AF36†

3. RB ECCS BACKUP POWER “AF04† 240Z STEERING COLUMN IGNITION HARNESS – WHITE/RED (12 VOLTS W/ KEY IGN.)

4. RB ECCS POWER “AF29† ALREADY CONNECTED TO “AF04†(12 VOLTS W/ KEY IGN.)

5. RB FUEL PUMP SIGNAL  RUN RELAY W/ POWER IN (12 VOLTS), OUT (TO FUEL PUMP), GROUND. “AF73† POWER SIGNAL.

6. RB CHECK ENGINE SIGNAL “AF10† CHECK LAMP

7. RB TACHOMETER SIGNAL “MF01† TACHOMETER

8. RB AIR REGULATOR “AF99† ALREADY CONNECTED TO “AF36†(12 VOLTS)

9. RB VTC, AAC, & 02 POWER “AF37† ALREADY CONNECETED TO “AF04†(12 VOLTS)

10. RB WATER TEMPERTAURE “MA26† TRACE OIL PRESS WIRE ON BLOCK UNDER DASH  YELLOW.

11. RB INJECTORS POWER “AF81† ALREADY CONNECTED TO “AF36†(12 VOLTS)

14. RB REVERSE SWITCH  240Z HARNESS (NEAR BATTERY)  CONNECT RBGREEN/BLUE TO 240Z BLACK/RED.

16. TAKE 240Z OIL PRESS SENDER AND BOLT ONTO RB

17. RB STARTER WIRE BLACK/WHITE  240Z STARTER SIGNAL BLACK YELLOW (THICK WIRES)

18. RB ALTERNATOR WIRES  SEE HYBRIDZ WRITEUPS

Dude, You ARE THE MAN!!!! That is pretty much the perfect wiring info, that is what people need, as far as what connects to what. This is pretty much what I did as far as sorting the wiring on my other swap.

I did the a B6T into a festiva, and put the wiring in an easy to follow what goes where form. These connections should be pretty much the same on a 280z chassis as well, correct? Thanks for posting.

Chris Rummel

hmm that looks familiar......

Q what pinout are you talking about? if your just talking about the wire colors and functions posted' date=' I didnt get it from anyone.

I made it!

but if your talking about the rb25de/det wiring diagram, i got it from gweeds.net.[/quote']

Hey man, the grey wire on the injector power (motor), the other day you came by and told me to cut that lead on the motor, good thing I traced it and didnt cut it because it's part of the power. I think this needs to be revised a bit.

Hey man, the grey wire on the injector power (motor), the other day you came by and told me to cut that lead on the motor, good thing I traced it and didnt cut it because it's part of the power. I think this needs to be revised a bit.

If i remember right, you only need that one wire(af81) from that 6 or 8 prong harness.

all the rest im sure you dont need.

Yeah, but I almost snipped it off when you said I could get rid of it, lol

Well you probably would have noticed it if you removed it because it goes striaght to the injectors.

Good Job Q, that was a TEST. You passed, with Honors too. lol.

My bad though.. haha

BTW, how did the manifold look?

Well im thankful that you lended me your manifold, and that they're exactly the same.

still trying to find someone to make me a header.

Ive gotten a few quotes and they've all been in the 600 - 1000 range!

I gotta question for you, do you think anything would be affected if you were to tilt the engine and tranny towards passenger side, opposed to how the RB leans to the driver side.

I was thinking about this because there is little room for someone to make me a header, or in your case little room for manifolds/turbos.

on the plus side, I would imagine that leaning it towards the pass side would help with L/R weight distribution. If you remember, the L series engines leaned towards the pass side.......

I dont remember what side the oil pick up was on, but if you tilted the Rb I think that might be a concern.

Well im thankful that you lended me your manifold' date=' and that they're exactly the same.

still trying to find someone to make me a header.

Ive gotten a few quotes and they've all been in the 600 - 1000 range!

I gotta question for you, do you think anything would be affected if you were to tilt the engine and tranny towards passenger side, opposed to how the RB leans to the driver side.

I was thinking about this because there is little room for someone to make me a header, or in your case little room for manifolds/turbos.

on the plus side, I would imagine that leaning it towards the pass side would help with L/R weight distribution. If you remember, the L series engines leaned towards the pass side.......

I dont remember what side the oil pick up was on, but if you tilted the Rb I think that might be a concern.[/quote']

I think it's supposed to lean like that for a reason (towards the driver side). If you take off the top timing chain cover, and put a balance on the lower timing chain cover (right at the level of the water pump) that should be level.