HybridZ

Master Cylinder upgrade

so I upgraded my brakes to outlaws up front and 240 sx rears and the 15/16 79 280zx master

the pedal was soft after 3 bleedings I recalled someone mentioning the pushrod in the booster doesn't contact the master cylinder on early cars (mine is one of the first series), so I pulled the master cylinder and sure enough it was about 3/8" from contacting the new master cylinder and the pedal side didn't have much room for adjustment

I was just about to cut and weld the little bugger when I noticed the head of it looked kinda funny, the pushrod coming out the master cylinder side is adjustable on these early cars! I had to hold the shaft with some vise grips and turned the bugger out with a 7mm end wrench till it was far enough to engage as it should

if this is common knowlesge I appologise but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning that these were adjustable, I'll try and get some pic's up after SEZ