HybridZ

Fade Stop Brake Coolers

• 4 years later...

Gentlemen,

The brake coolers took a long hiatus over the last couple of years, but they are back in development! I have the designs for the Toyota four piston conversions, but I would like to find out what the market would be for them. I will be releasing the Porsche Boxster units within the next month. The Corvette C5 is planned after that, but if there is enough interest then I can manufacture the ones for the Toyota's before the corvettes. I just need to know how much clearance is available between the caliper and the wheel and how many people will buy a set if they are less than $165 per set of four (complete front axle).

Please visit the www.fourproducts.com and go to the contact page and let us know that you want them and if there are enough of you then so be it! The Corvette shall wait!

Joe

CEO, Four Products LLC

Former Z-List moderator

Associate Editor Nissan Sport Magazine

There are three versions of the Toyota caliper. The 4 cylinder trucks have vented and non-vented rotor versions, but the pads are identical. There is also a larger caliper found on 6 cylinder trucks that is available for a vented rotor only, and the pads are not interchangeable with the 4 cylinder trucks. I believe you only have coolers available for the 6 cylinder truck calipers? I e-mailed you a few years back about making a cooler for the 4 cylinder truck calipers and you said there were no plans to make them. Has this changed? I, of course, have the 4 cylinder truck vented rotor calipers.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Edited by Nigel

There are three versions of the Toyota caliper. The 4 cylinder trucks have vented and non-vented rotor versions, but the pads are identical. There is also a larger caliper found on 6 cylinder trucks that is available for a vented rotor only, and the pads are not interchangeable with the 4 cylinder trucks. I believe you only have coolers available for the 6 cylinder truck calipers? I e-mailed you a few years back about making a cooler for the 4 cylinder truck calipers and you said there were no plans to make them. Has this changed? I, of course, have the 4 cylinder truck vented rotor calipers.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Nigel,

Yes, plans have changed.

Four years ago I had a lot of ideas of where I wanted to go with the technology that didn't work out (mostly military applications). I spent a lot of time and money on that application, as well as on overseas patents, and got into a hole. Then my 240Z was stolen, stripped and dumped in the LA river AND then came the crash of 2008!

I am happy to say that I am in a position to start expanding the product line (i.e. I am not broke anymore). But I no longer have my Z car.

Nigel, what size wheel do you run? Is there clearance between the caliper and the wheel?

Thanks,

Joe

I've seen those before. They look like a good thing to help cool the pads and calipers. To expensive though.

I have been working to get the cost down. Unfortunately, at low volumes they are pricey to manufacture.

Joe

Do any of you know anyone in the Raleigh, NC or Los Angeles, CA area that are running the 4 piston calipers with 15" or 16" wheels? I have the caliper, I have the design, just need to check clearances before manufacturing.

Thanks!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...