HybridZ

turbo swap ignition harness-help!

Guest turboblackpearl

Guest turboblackpearl

this is the last thing I have to do, everything else is set. for some reason, I'm not getting spark. ive looked through TONS of guides and posts on here and zcar.com to no avail. for some reason, I'm not getting spark. also, my coil just heats up for some reason? and yes, it is grounded.

ignitor.jpg

from what I understand, the plug on the right is the 12 volt source, the one on the left goes to the EFI harness, correct?

harness.jpg

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|

1 2 3 4

5 6 7 8

_______/

(sorry, I know it's crude)from what i understand, plug 6 goes to the ignitor, and plug 7 to a 12 volt source, correct? thanks, i'll try posting what i find later.

Guest turboblackpearl

ok, so when i hook up the ignitor the way im supposed to, it gets super hot and so does the coil. would it be safe just to hard wire the coil?

Trying to follow the "youdamnfool..." instructions were not helping me either. I had to step away a couple of times and re-think was I was doing. During my trials several people told me to NOT hook up the ignitor in reverse because it would fry it. Is it possible you miswired it wrong during trying things? There is a recent post here somewhere that discusses testing the ignitor. Have you checked that thread?

How the coil works is it always has 12 volts hooked up to the positive side when the car ignition is in the on position, but the coil negative end is not connected until the computer sends a signal to the ignitor. The ignitor recieves the signal from the computer and grounds the negative end of the coil. By the way, the ignitor body is the ground connection so it has to be bolted down.

Absolutely do not wire the coil directly across the battery for an extended period of time, they blow up. I know this for a fact.

Guest turboblackpearl

and thanks guys, ive lost all hope in zcar.com and appreciate any input. its been two years since i drove this thing and im anxious to know how my n/a turbo compares to my old worn out engine with a burnt clutch.

Guest turboblackpearl

alright. so, is it DEFINATELY a yellow/white wire? or a yellow wire? damn I'm confused. none of them seem to work anyway.

I'm having the same problem, only I know mine was wired correctly as it was running previously until something shorted out (I have a thread in the L6 forum).

I tried replacing the ignitor and I get nothing at all.

Hopefully someone has the magic advice, I'll keep looking...