HybridZ

Z31 Stereo question.

MIBPreacher

When I pulled old stereo wires that the previous owner left me I saw to clips on the right side of the compartment. One bigger than the other. With this in mind, I ask everyone, Does the 300zx stereo use an integrated wiring harness and connect to these clips on the side? Just wondering if I am going to need to go to the junk yard to find a harness since mine is cut up. Thanks.

Usually most stereos wire up the same. Sometime the factory stereos can have some interesting wiring setups from the factory. Most europian cars won't pass emmisions because of a aftermarket stereo being installed (ECU throws out a error code). Well I daigress.

Speakers should be color coded in pairs - color, color-black (ex.violet, violet-black). Only 3 wires you should worry about are the power wires, red(ignition) , yellow(memory or battery constant), and black(ground). I usually get the red and yellow mixed up in what they are for but it won't harm the stereo if you mixed those 2 up, just switch them back.

I purchased from the junk yard the stereo plug out of a 1987 Nissan Maxima. Since my wiring is cut up, I was hoping some one could help me decipher the coloring scheme so i can hook up my stereo using the factory wires. I tried ZBUM's but some of his dont match :icon51: . Here is what I have.

Red w/ green stripe = (zbum=illumination) =

Yellow w/ green stripe = (zbum=ignition) =

Yellow w/ blue stripe =

Yellow w/ red stripe =

Red w/ blue stripe = (zbum=12v constant)=

Red w/ black stripe =

Blue w/ red stripe =

black =

My plan is to attach the plug that I have from the maxima to my aftermarket harness that I bought. Can anyone confirm or add to this? I would really appreciate the help. I already disconnected the 2 light bulbs as I dont need them. Thanks everybody.

Rick.