HybridZ

Headlight Desing update/Comparo

Drftn280zxt

Which is nicer The dual setup or the single setup? (headlights)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is nicer The dual setup or the single setup? (headlights)

• Single
    • Dual

Okay since a few guys seem to like the dual setup better, I did a few drawing to compare it to the other design. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

New Drawings of the dual setup

frontDualheadlights.jpg

DualHeadlights.jpg

Past Drawings of the single unit idea

FrontNewHeadlight.jpg

Newheadlight1.jpg

I like feedback, not that you didn't already know that though :wink:

I personally like the dual lights better--it breaks away from the 'old' and looks a bit more modern. I'm sure that plenty of guys here like the single headlights too. All in all, I doubt that it matters which way you go if you fab something up--both will look pretty good.

Davy

singles are like 673576342523657655x better. theyre fundamental to the z look. drawings of doubles are good but in reality would look like an ebay honda conversion. doubles would probably only look fitting on a z more stylized than any of us own. but yea singles still own. great sketches.

Hmmm. Interesting feedback. I can agree with you on the whole "looks like an aftermarket HONDA headlight (with the duals)" but in reality that factor really depends on the finishing work done to the fiberglass. Like I'm sure with a finishing modification, Mercedes CLS headlights could look like cheap pieces of crap, but its the finishing work that gives them that "expensive" "real" look. But, it is hard to say without having an actual object to work with. Hopefully once school is out, in May, I can really get going on my scale model project.

I myself am a little perplexed, as the dual setup is really modernized, yet it lacks the "it could've been stock" look, whereas the "single" version also captures that modern look while still recultivating the orginal look the headlight had.

It like Ultramodern vs Immensly updated, which to pick,:confused2

Well, what can I say if mass production ever became an option, there would be options to choose from at least in the headlights anyways :wink:

Oh and another tidbit, the headlight bucket would not be an individual unit, it would have to be molded...err grafted...err included into the fender in order for it to look "right". The front fascia could probably be a separate component as could the rear facia/diffuser unit, and the sideskirts. But the front fenders would have to have the headlight bucket integrated.