HybridZ

Ok, got fuel running, now need spark!

1 fast z

Ok, I am pretty familer with Fuel part of MS, but have no experience with the spark feature. I will be running a 82-83 turbo dizzy in my 77. Do I wire it like in the moby sticky? Even though it says for a 3.0 board? Does anyone have a file with spark for a stock L28 ET? I am running MSnS V2.2. 02s49.

The sticky instructions are for version 2.2 board, I was running version 3 code back then (magnus stuff I believe, not MSnS_extra). Things get confusing with all the different codes and board versions.

This document assumes you are using MS v2.2 hardware and MSnS v3.0 code.

With my z31, I skipped the GM HEI, and went straight to the z31 transistor.

The pull-up resistors are still necessary, all they do is "amplify" the signal to a voltage that MS can use.

I added the resistors directly to my 2.2 board, since it was easiest for me. All you do is find the pin on the DB37 (PCB side) that needs the pullup resistor, and find the nearest 12v line.

Yes, you can use the ignitor on the car, or the gm module to fire a coil. Just make sure with version 2.2 board that you use some kind of module/ignitor, as it cannot fire the coil directly like the version 3.0 board. If you use the ignitor I don't know how you hook it up, you'll have to ask one of the other guys.

There were some good threads explaining how to attach the pullup resistors. Let me know if you can't find anything.