HybridZ

Megatune Problem, MSnS-E

badjuju

after loading extra024s13c, i get no options under spark. it's just greyed out. has anyone else experienced this? i have no idea why i can't edit my spark settings, i always thought it would go away when i plugged ms into my computer and turned it on.

K, i've been having a hell of a time just getting this baby to spark. I am using a 4 pin GM HEI module with an 81 cas.

If, in megatune, I am not getting any rpm signal while cranking, should i still expect my ignition module to fire?

In the msns installation guide, the instructions say to jumper IDL to FIDLE. If i am not using a relay board, do i still have to somehow short IDL to FIDLE? if so, how do i do this?

If, in megatune, I am not getting any rpm signal while cranking, should i still expect my ignition module to fire?

In the msns installation guide, the instructions say to jumper IDL to FIDLE. If i am not using a relay board, do i still have to somehow short IDL to FIDLE? if so, how do i do this?

If you do not see any rpm in the main window gauge then you will not fire any spark. If you do not have the relay board then you just use the IDL pin straight off the DB37 connector. You still need a pullup resistor on the IDL wire, but if you don't see any cranking rpm you have have to fix that first. Do you have a pullup resistor on the tach input wire from the 81 CAS?

Yes, it makes more sense now. From your e-mails I couldn't figure out exactly what you had. Make sure you have the pullup resistors in the circuit, especially on the dissy/cas unit! You can read that signal during cranking with a good meter set to 10VDC. If you got it going in, you will have it coming out. Then you only have to wire that output pullup to make it see the difference in voltage to trigger the HEI unit.

I got my pullups at Rat Shack. I told ya if you asked here they would get you squared away.

Hell, I'm still on Magnus' MS-n-S! I haven't sloved those gremlins, so no sense in going to "E" yet!

Man, idled it for an hour yesterday...Long as the alt doesn't flash and charge, it runs FINE!

Damnable filter circuits...

I'll draw up a wiring diagram when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I have my pullup resistors in the right way... Unless... Are resistors directional?

If my CAS is bad, is there any way it would have run with the stock system?

If this doesn't spark by this weekend, I'm going to look at doing a 30-1 wheel and running 3 coils, and using wasted spark. I need this car running by summer, and this 81 CAS stuff with msns-e... well, I'm not sure I'm pioneer enough to finish it. That's another thread for another week though. I'll just keep this post related to what i'm doing now.

also, i think that if i just went to the setup where i have to use mt and mt-sns (like the pics in TonyD's and Moby's setups), it would be easier, just so that i can directly copy the settings, because there are some things in megatune that really confuse me. tomorrow i'll draw up my wiring diagrams. hwoever, i still need my previous questions answered, i'm so lost in this setup right now.