HybridZ

q45 cv assembly

nazar

i may have messed up

when puting the cvs together with my mosler halfshafts

the cv has a cage with balls on it, a c clip on the edge and a snap ring in the back holding on the shaft

the cage, with the halfshaft in it has a side that sits flush with the shaft and a side that is recessed

which side goes into the cv first? i have the recessed part out, meaning when you pull the boot back and looking in the recessed part is showing, it would suk to have to redo it all, damn

8112R230Axles7.JPG

im confused if i put it in like this wont it allow the cage to pull out far enough into the boot to lose the balls? isnt the big round c clip supposed to keep the cage from sliding out??

so is the above picture correct for sure??

ok so i put my cage in backwards is that a big deal? i only put it in gear up on jackstands for a few seconds did this ruin anything? should i pull it all apart and flip the cage around? the machined part of the cage is facing out when pulling bak the boot? damn this sux i gotta pull it all apart....messy

I really don't think you damaged anything. In fact when I installed my 300zxt cv's I had to reverse the outside cage to gain some clearence( shortening the overall length of the cv's). The balls ride inside the recieving cup grooves. Although you may notice that you lose some angle clearence of the shaft to the cup, do to the cage being so far inside the cup. Did that make since?