HybridZ

Fuel emergency shut off???

phantaz

Ok this might be an odd question, and when are they not =) but i was driving my Uncles 92 300zx and was coming from arkansas back to ok and went through some road construction.. bump ahead sign shoudl have read canyon ahead... once i realigned my spine and got my teeth seperated the car started sputtering and finally died and i coasted to a stop....wont start and after fiddling with it i realize ..No Gas. has 3/4 of a tank but its not getting fuel..

ok... after checking for loose anything under the hood and checking the fuel lines out back... fuel pump wires ..still nothing. i called my dad and got a flatbed to come pick us up.. now as i was talking to my dad on the way home he reminded me of something simliar that happened to his 96 ford crown vic.. he hit a huge pothole and same thing happend.. turned out teh crown vic has an emergency shut off incase of a wreck/rollover.. theres a lever in the trunk you pull to reset the circuit and your running again.. DOes the 300zx have something similiar that im overlooking?? any and all other suggestions are welcome but we have traced the fuel lines and nothing was broken and all the wires to the fuel pump are intact.. just havnt run a tester on them yet since im still on the way to texarcana with it on the flatbed..

thnx

Paul

I think the roll over shut off is mandatory on all EFI cars, everyone I owned had one. It's usally built into the fuel pump relay and not the fuel line, locations vary, if you can find a owners manual it will be in there. Look at kick panels inside car, sometimes marked with a reset fuel pump sticker. Look in the interior rear of the car for a access door, may be there. You can try calling a Nissian dealer and asking the service manager where to reset, won't cost anything to try.

THnx Paz........no owners manual in this one ofcourse=)

so if anyone has one and can take a peek?? that would be awesome.. guess ill call OKC nissan monday, if i cant find it behind some kickpanel somewhere.

so much for the "come on Paul.. it should be an easy drive and ill buy the food"..should have said beer.