HybridZ

Cobra Wheels

Pete,

What's the distance from the top surface of the camber plate (that rests against the underside of the strut tower) and the bottom of the TOP spring perch (that the spring top rest against)?

The distance is 1-1/4". I measured twice.

Danno

Danno, seeing as that's 1-3/4" less than my stock isolator/perch setup, and I think I could lower the bottom perch 1/4" without hitting the tire, I'd think 10" springs would work. Especially if they were a lighter rate. I'd give yours a try. Keep us posted!

Ross, do you have a pic of your car with the RX7 wheels? I vaugly recall seeing one but I'm not sure and would like to see it again :-)

I'm (still) pretty confused on all this to be honest. I'm going to do the 5lug swap, put on the biggerbetter brakes, do the coilovers, and THEN figure out wheels. I MIGHT even go with 16s like the RX7 or 300ZX n/a. The 300ZX is interesting in that it's got a Nissan logo at least (lol). TSW has some nice wheels, so does Centerline, and heck if I could find a Panasport 16 or 17 in 5lug I might....

For now I'll swap off my 17X7 Mustang wheels, test fit some Rs, and maybe do a set of 98 Cobras to test. I've seen some interesting Camaro type wheels from SLP - any chance they might fit? 16 inch take-offs aren't too expensive either.. What a PITA to decide on and I've not even started the motor part yet!