HybridZ

good turbo for my engine?

nategdizzle

i posted this in the turbo forum but thought i might get some good input over here.

Well i was doing some spring cleaning in my dad shop today and found a t04b80 off of one of our tractors, the exhaust side has a big crack and hole in it but the compressor is in good shape...i have a t3 off an 83 280zx and that i just got a rebuild kit for and have sitting ready to rebuild should i use this t04b to make a t3/t4 hybrid or will it spool too slow..i have a ported n42 head and ported intake and exhaust manifold a big skyline intercooler 60mm tb 3in exhuast so i figure it will flow pretty well but i dont know anything about making a good t3/04b hybrid. its an aireasearch t04b80 serial of iho205 if that helps anyone identify it the intake on the cool side says 11 and the outlet says 5 with .60 under it it also has m11 5 stamped on the outside of the housing..the inlet is 3in and tapers down to the compressor fins, 8 double blades, the outlet is 2in...i want to make as much power as i can with my newly rebuilt bottom and top end say 300-350hp and streetable and maybe more at the track if i can with my stock dished cast pistons i have great detonation control so that wont be a problem.

thanks

nathan

Most of the stock turbos crack around the wastegate hole. Mine has some pretty big cracks there, and also one going around the inside of the snail. Don't worry too much about the cracks, as they don't hurt performance. They just look really bad!