HybridZ

RB26 Blocks do crack

Mike Rowe

The R32 halfcut I bought I have now discovered has a cracked block (see my website). Everyone assured me that the sludge in all my water ways wouldnt be from a cracked block, as they were too strong. Well the machine shop where I had it had 2 others with the same problem!! This is in a small suburb in Perth, so wonder how many others are out there? The engine still had the standard pistons and no obvious performance equip on it. Another guy at a parts shop told me he has heard that the original R32 RB26 blocks were good but the later R32 blocks were poor. Mine was a 1990. Now after another block.

Guest GTR--J

I have a mint condition 1990 RBDETT block and other engine parts for sale.

http://classifieds.hybridz.org/showproduct.php?product=1985&cat=17&page=1

The block is mint and sitting at the local Machine shop waiting for someone who needs it.You can talk to them and they will vouch for it.Like any other used block it should be honed but other than that the cylinder walls are mint and it is NOT cracked.

Guest Zpeed

im pretty sure mike is in Western australia, so no point importing from the US, as we got plenty of blocks over here,

go a Rb30 block.... might we well... more money but hey you only live once