HybridZ

1982 280zx N/A going Turbo

i have a question and i can't seem to find out enough info on it or this subject of turboing a n/a s130.

so i was wondering if i need a crank angle sensor along with a turbo dizzy to make the ignition work.

i am going with megasquirt n' spark so i don't know the answer to that either.

if anyone can point me in the right direction with this subject or even just the N/a going Turbo project in general i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you

here is a list that i have right now

stock turbo rebuild

t3/t4

440cc injectors

pallnet fuel rail (or something equivelent)

megasquirt II

intercooler

60mm tb

3'' exhaust

custom coilovers

energy suspension bushings

suspension tech. sway bars

walboro 255lph

and some sort of fuel pressure regulator

any thing i might be missing or need advice on please let me know

thank you

The big question I guess, do you have an exhaust manifold to bolt the turbo up? Also what are you doing for the oil drain back from the turbo into the oil pan? Is your turbo water cooled also, or just oil cooled? Looks like you are just down to plumbing up the turbo and the intercooler. What kind of intercooler do you have?

ok i have the stock exhaust manifold and i guess i will either buy a stock turbo oil pan or just tap the old used one i have.

also my turbo is water and oil cooled which is another delima cus i dont know anything about the water cooled part (where does the water come from and where does is go on the turbo itself?)

o yeah and i have a Starion intercooler.

thanks again guys this is very helpful in my build

Your 83 dizzy might not work as the CAS disk inside does not mark the TDC location of the number one piston. You might need the CAS disk from a 84 or newer 300ZX. Just swap it into the 83 dizzy. It has a larger hole for the ECU to recognize the TDC position. I'm not familiar with Megasquirt so maybe someone who runs that can chime in.