HybridZ

RB Oil Dip Stick

ZXRockie

Alright, you all should have the same problem... My oil dip stick is out, due to the fact that the oil pan sump is on the rear. I noticed one can move the stick to the rear, but have anyone done this? or you guys don't really care? I do... I would post some pics tomorrow.:-(

I just did this over the weekend. when You take off the old oilpan, to put on the new pickup and pan, look further back on the block and you will see a hole plugged with a brass plug. Drift this out with a punch or a drift then drift out the dipstick, (this was kind of a bitch and you will bugger up the end a bit, but just cut off the messed up end when it is out) then you tap the dipsitick into the rear hole, and tap the brass plug into the old dipstick hole on the front. I had to flare the end of the dipstick tube a bit to get it to go in firmly then added a bit of RTV to the shaft of the dipstick tube as it went in. After I tapped the the brass plug in, I added a bit of RTV over the top and the bottom of the brass plug. That's pretty much it.

Chris Rummel