HybridZ

anyone use this cdi?

2003z

I say go with the MSD. At least you have tech support if there are problems. I have the full MSD setup- billet distributor, blaster 2 coil, 6al , and start retard controller. It's nice to have a setup that works together. Their wiring diagrams help as well.

What kind of support will you have if you buy the generic box and it doesn't work?

I don't like the quality of the MSD boxes... I have had trouble with 2 of them... in 2 different applications... What customer support??? I never had them offer to send me a new box after the relatively short warranty ran out...

I am all for buying any others out there on the market...

I have an MSD blaster 2 coil that has terrible corrosion inside the High tension tower....This was never exposed to water spray as far as I can remember... I think there was a problem in the plating process that allowed caustic chemicals to stay on the metal contacts... I have had no other corrosion related problems in that particular car...

There is nothing special about those ignition boxes... they are not nearly as expensive to manufacture as the retail price would reflect... It is high time someone started offering a more reasonably priced alternative.. then MSD will have to lower their prices...

I have removed all MSD related products from my current track toy...and I do not miss them at all.... except the rev limiter...