HybridZ

Paging "zcarnut" aka Steve Golik....

74Adam

Hey Steve, you responded to this post I had made a few months ago:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=107466

Where did you get that idle set screw? The 240SX TB I got has a crappy set screw (part of it is broken off and it is a pain to deal with). So, I'm at the Nissan place yesterday getting a slave cylinder and I ask the guy for a set screw. He informs me that Nissan only sells the ENTIRE THROTTLE BODY. I was incredulous. I have already been to the hardware store and the thread pitch on that set screw is way too fine.

Thanks,

-Adam

Hey Steve' date=' you responded to this post I had made a few months ago:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=107466

Where did you get that idle set screw? The 240SX TB I got has a crappy set screw (part of it is broken off and it is a pain to deal with). So, I'm at the Nissan place yesterday getting a slave cylinder and I ask the guy for a set screw. He informs me that Nissan only sells the ENTIRE THROTTLE BODY. I was incredulous. I have already been to the hardware store and the thread pitch on that set screw is way too fine.

Thanks,

-Adam[/quote']

I got it off a 1970's vintage Nissan carburetor from the junkyard. Probably a 510, 610 or 710. Throttle adjust screws tend to be “ultra fine pitch” to allow a precise idle speed setting. Junkyards are a valuable source of such hard to find items. Do not get the 240Z SU carb screws as they are not long enough.