HybridZ

Help me identify my Libre wheels.. PICS

Hi guys. These wheels were on my car when I got it. I cleaned them up a bit, but that's all. I want to know who the manufacturer of the wheels is.

Any idea on the value of the set of 4?

The back side of the wheels have 14x5.5 and U.S. Trans AM on them in what appears to be weld or the casting.

Hpim0405_thumb.jpg

Hpim0408_thumb.jpg

Hpim0411_thumb.jpg

Hpim0407_thumb.jpg

The US TransAM wheels were a knockoff version of the Original Libre rims produced by American Racing Equipment (ARE) and BRE fame.

I have a set of the TransAM Libre's that came on my 73 240Z when I bought it from the previous owner. I love the "old skool" look of them on the 240Z's.

From what I can learn, the US TransAM version wasn't as good a casting and weighed more than the ARE original version. If they were the authentic AR Libre's a very good condition set would be worth quite a bit (several hundreds of $$)

There's a fellow that goes by the username "ARNIE" over at www.classiczcars.com that worked as a salesman of aftermarket rims for years it seems, and is probably very knowledgable about them. You might contact him.

I might add that I am interested in your US TransAM rims. If you decide to sell them let me know.

4jim@cox.net or with a PM here at HydridZ.