HybridZ

Trick Brake and Suspension Setup ?????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey Guys,

I'm just about completed a new brake and suspension setup that features larger vented front rotors, alloy hubs with larger bearings,5 bolt datsun lugs,camber adjustment built in to the lower part of the strut not the upper so no need to purchase upper camber plates or do any cutting, new cross member with adjustments for castor and adjustment for bump steer for the rack which I will see about having a power or manual one available, coil over with height adjustment,optional alloy control arms, 4 piston alloy brake calipers and ABS on all 4 wheels, cross member should add some extra strength to the front frame rails. With this, set I could pre-built it for the V8 people that would be set up to bolt in the engine without adapters. The rear brakes are vented rotors with ABS.What I would like to know from some of you is there much of a demand for a set up like this? The reason I decided to built this set up was that I saw so may other setups that where nothing more then a bandaid fix on a out dated suspension design to begin with, so I started with a clean slate. I was hoping to make enough money to help pay for all the work and R&D that I have incurred. I really don't want to explain to much more about this set up right now, but was just needing a little feed back.

Thanks,

Zgoo

------------------

ZGOO

it sounds good but i think it will be more of a prototype than something you could resell.

to say most everything else is a "band aid" approach i think is incorrect.

on that front installing a heim in the lower a-arm does enable to adjust camber BUT it does so at the expense of a wider track and this Isnt the ideal way to get back to 1.5 degrees of camber. while having ABS would be nice i dont think its cost/installation would be worth it . But then i'm guessing it would be at least $3k for what your talking about if its a "bolt in". and for that price i can do a Full floater Brembo package. which would definintely look better and i think likely outperform the oem stuff. especially if someone wanted to do any test or track days with their car.

------------------

Mike

mike@fonebooth.com

http://www.fonebooth.com/brakes.html

raceparts and brake upgrades.

I'd have to agree with SCCA. A few years back a guy tried to sell me on marketing some suspension parts he fabbed up. Almost got a guy killed up at Summit point race way. Glad I wasn't involved in it. You would get more feedback form us if you was a little more specific. Plus, you need to remember that most guys contributing to this site are fabricators. If you want feed back, you might weant to discuss with us what you have and get some ideas kicked around. There are several of us who have been around a race track a time or three...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your feed back. The camber problem adjustment will not effect the

bump steer because I'm using a articulating strut assembly that has no more

effect on bump steer then the standard upper strut camber plates. Also the

steering rack has adjustments to raise and lower it.As for caster, all lower

pick up points are independent from the fixed point on the cross member.I

have converted other cars to ABS an have not run in to any problems.ABS is

very safe and is quite easy to adapt to vehicles. The real trick is to get

the proper brake bias before energizing the ABS unit. Most component are

design for a vehicle that weights about 3000-3200 lbs.I feel your pain (Bill Clinton HA ha) when it comes time to adjust the suspension setting and because of that pain is why I started down this road, but it's great to get feed back from people like you.As for the bandaid fix comment, I was just wanted to try fix as many problems with the Z's suspension the first time instead of address camber, castor, bump steer, and larger brakes as seperate issues. I have read alot of your post and seen some of your work and I'm impressed.Thanks again for your feed back and knowledge.

Dan ak ZGOO