HybridZ

Paint code help

Sounds like you want to do more of a candy color. Shoot black first and then spray on a clear coat with a heavy red tint should get you close to what you are looking for. It should look good when you get done but any imperfections in the paint you will see very quickly yourself. Good luck with what your trying to do.

Sounds like you want to do more of a candy color. Shoot black first and then spray on a clear coat with a heavy red tint should get you close to what you are looking for. It should look good when you get done but any imperfections in the paint you will see very quickly yourself. Good luck with what your trying to do.

Thanks for the tip. I'll talk to my paint guy about that. I'm trying to go for a really deep dark red. It could easily be accomplished if I spend an extra $1,500 for the metallic.

Hey Scott

I found a company that offers a "Black Cherry Pearl" acrylic enamel. I don't know what quality thier product is, but it might be worth a look:

http://www.kirkerautomotive.com/html/acryl_glo.html

Paint Colors: http://www.kirkerautomotive.com/images/PDF/acryl_glo.pdf

Think it is supposed to be close to this color (crappy pic):

22575488full1pp.jpg

Yeah, but he's looking for a single stage paint.

I stopped in and spoke with my paint guy today and he said we can just find the base color that I want and then we'll add some pearl to it. We'll see how it looks on some test panels before he sprays the entire car.

Here it was

IMG_6709.jpg

Here it is now with shaved side markers, badges, hatch lock, and other misc. items. They're probably going to shave the drip rails next week.

IMG_6924.jpg

Guest l28et

paulg-350z.jpeg

That looks too purple. Theres a chick around here with a supercharged Z in that color.

intake6.jpg

I think somethin like this fits the bill

3060000000053014.JPG?0.2513410216756775

bmwm605_20_1024.jpg

Indianapolis Red Mettalic on the BMW M6