HybridZ

T5 reverse sliding gear

Guest cmeinmy280zx

Guest cmeinmy280zx

Hi, :confused2 got a '85 Camaro T5 that I am reassembling. Question: Does the reverse sliding gear slide freely on the hub? Mine does not, (has the spring and ball bearing assembly) It seems one side of the hub drags inside the sliding gear. Even with the spring and ball bearing removed it does not just slide through the gear and takes some force to push it through.

Pulled my WC appart Sat. I'm not sure how free it supposed to move. I had to work it to get appart but not too much scoring and stuff in the rod itself. I'd say finish up the assembly and see how freely it shift's into Reverse. I'd think it's ok if it goes w/out too much trouble.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT! Just tore my first trans apart this weekend...

Guest cmeinmy280zx

Hey Bill, u rock! Thanks for the info. I should have taken pics or something before tearing this thing apart. Maybe the tranny gods will smile on us! :burnout:

Guest cmeinmy280zx
:icon55: Hi Bill, I sure will get back to u on that. My engine is in the hot tank and the stripped ZX body is up on my rotisserie. I will of course play with the T5 :nono:, but I don't know how it will be 'live'. Thanks again.