HybridZ

Those using 4 cyl, a Q

AK-Z

Ok, thanks. I was wondering because my KA24de came with a powersteering pump and was debating why I should even use it. If it handles better with a lighter engine, then I don't see a reason to bother with it.

Another question. I was thinking about going supercharger on this. I think something like a eaton would be to big for my application. I was thinking something like whats on the mazda millenium. Does any one know who make that s/c? I know tuning for peak efficiancey will be hard to attain, but I am use to NA motors anyways. And I think that it a better application for a KA24DE with stock internals. Any othe s/c you guys suggest for a 2.4L?

If I wanted to turbo it I would rebuild the motor with turbo in mind (new internals, lower compresion, ect., but cost $$$). Any suggestion on anything?

If you're going with a supercharger, you should use a centrifugal type (like a Vortech)

Use an aftercooler to keep the temps down.

You could pop that motor with a roots type supercharger pretty fast... unless you build it, I guess.

Oh, my steering rack is great stock. The car handles beauifully with poly bushings and tokico springs/illuminas

Why not go KA-t?

They get some nice numbers with pretty low boost.

Mario

2 reasons, fabbing exhaust system and I'm lazy, lol.

I find it easier to fab up brackets than an exhaust manifold and location won't really be a problem since I'm goin to be removing the p/s pump.

Tuning fuel maps will be different, But I think it will be slightly easier to setup with a s/c. Set fuel by rpm because boost will be controlled by crank. I like throttle response more than power. And to up boost, all I would need would be a pulley. And again I'm lazy haha.

Another thing, would it be wise to put a front mount IC? How big? I was thinking of putting the smallest pulley and controlling the amount of boost using a BOV. does that sound like it will work?

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing' date=' would it be wise to put a front mount IC? How big? I was thinking of putting the smallest pulley and controlling the amount of boost using a BOV. does that sound like it will work?[/quote']

There is a rather big name turbo nissan tuning shop here in australia that use the BOV method for controlling boost on their turbo cars almost exclusively so I cant see why it wouldnt work in your application. Yes I believe it would be wise to use a front mount IC here as I assume this was a N/A KA engine. Size, I would use something around 500mm x 250mm x 75mm