HybridZ

Z32 V8 Conversion value?

I am on the verge of completing a custom Z32 that started off as a stock 1990 2 seater and I have no idea how much to ask for it. i had a 94 LT1 engine with t56 tranny installed. The engine has a variety of external modifications including the new style BBK C5 corvette intake. Exhaust in which the tips alone cost $130. Lamborghini door conversion. Shaved antenna and door handles. A complete molded body kit including a molded twin turbo spoiler. Ferrari taillights, tanabe suspension components, autometer complete custom cluster. black interior with red trim, leather racing seats with 5 point harnesses, push button ignition, top of the line stereo including a sony blank face deck, polk momo component speakers and a kicker comp 15 inch sub that is housed in a custom enclosure in the spare tire well. red calipers with drilled rotors, 19 inch chrome motegi dpk rims which were very expensive, the car is about to come out of the paint shop from being completely stripped and repainted PPG cobalt blue. Then i will be sending it to have the windows tinted and the finishing touches applied. everything is not listed because the list goes too indepth. since everyone reading is a Z veteran some apprasals would be appreciated.

The technical answer is that modifications don't increase a car's value. Usually all that someone will be able to take a loan out for is the blue book value, which doesn't take engine swaps or other changes into account. Therefore book value would be a good place to start, and then add on whatever extra you think it would take for you to part with it.

The problem with a project like this is that it takes a very special kind of buyer to be willing to lay out as much money as you think the car may be worth. You're going to have to find someone that is interested in everything you've done to the car (not a purist) and has a lot of cash built up, so they don't have to worry about trying to get a loan. Either way, good luck with the sale.

And if you have any problems seeling it, I've got a few hundred bucks I would be more than willing to trade for the car. :)

The value of your car depends on the buyer, if he likes the same modifications you've done you might get .90cents on back on every dollar you've spent. If they didnt' like it maybe .30 cents on the dollar. So if you spent 20k on it you might get 12-18k if they like it or only 5-8k if they hate it. This is true for every car, the more modifications the more the value gets diminished. A lot of people would rather buy a stock car than a modified one. If it the price gets that low then the car is worth more in parts but get the right buyer then you hit the jackpot. Just enjoy the car for the meantime.:burnout:

Guest Ron

Post it on line and you will get a much larger exposure and more buyers. When it comes to hot rods (I use the general term), people are not getting a loan, they have the money in their pocket, and you need to find the buyer thay goes nuts over your car. I built a 914 with a Chevy and lots of body custom work. the car was probably worth a few hundred bucks before I started working on it. I sold it for $15,000.00. You just need to figure out how much you need to break even, and then add the emotional value to that. The odds that no one else will think it's as cool as you do are very slim. Good luck.