HybridZ

Fuel Pump advice?

Would this fuel pump be enough to run a boosted L28.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-HIGH-PRESSURE-ELECTRIC-FUEL-INJECTION-PUMP-2225_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33555QQitemZ8063481316QQrdZ1

It seems as though it would be sufficient, but it said it can be used as a booster pump, does that mean that it can't be the primary pump?

Would this fuel pump be enough to run a boosted L28.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-HIGH-PRESSURE-ELECTRIC-FUEL-INJECTION-PUMP-2225_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33555QQitemZ8063481316QQrdZ1

It seems as though it would be sufficient' date=' but it said it can be used as a booster pump, does that mean that it can't be the primary pump?[/quote']

new regulator is a must, might as well get an a1000 pump to cure te fuel supply problem.

build once, over build,

It is the same pump I'm using in my Z. Mine is branded NOS, but they are the same. I've got no problems with it in my application. It is reasonably quiet in the Z. You can use the stock reg with it with a decent sized return line. I´m running 3/8 supply with the stock 5/16 line used as a return.

If you've ever been in a Z with an A1000 installed, you know you wouldn't want one in your daily-driver. I´d double up two of the MSD pumps in parallel before using one of those in my car.

YMMV

Doug

thats the pump I am using and it's the only one, I think they just don't want people to try running it an an internal (poeple do all kinds of stupid things) it flows fine but you need stiff large diameter hose feeding it or it will suck the hose shut ( I ran 1/2 aluminum tubing to feed it and 3/8 to the rail and I'm running an aeromotive rrfpr, and I seem to recall my pump was only about $80 from summt but that was a few years back

I've used this pump on a bunch of applciaitons, including a 326WHP L28ET powered 240Z. It has flow for close to 500HP, and you can't be the price. So far they have been very reliable.

BTW, you can get it a Summit Racing for $89.88.

Bell Engineering FMU. It has an adjustable ratio. Use it after the stock fuel pressure regulator.

There are two different Bell Engineering FMU's, one for boost and one for NA. Make sure to get the right one.

You really need a fuel pressure gage in the car to tune the FMU.

I use 55 to 60 psi of fuel pressure for 7 to 8 psi of boost, 70 to 75 psi for 9 to 10 psi of boost, 80 to 85 for 11 to 12 psi of boost, 90 to 95 for 13 to 14 psi of boost using stock NA injectors. The ratio you will need depends on the injector size.

One msd 2225 will only manage about 70 psi during high flow. I use two MSD 2225 in parallel with one on a 6 psi pressure switch.