HybridZ

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for all the information you guys put up on this site, it helped me out a lot and without it im sure i couldn't ever have done it. Im selling the Z, it was fun, but i got an offer for a 97 firebird formula with an LT1 from a family freind and my little brother needs the garage space for his 65 mustang. Another thing i learned is that if you're even thinking about doing this swap seriously look in to buying one thats already done, im losing a bunch of money on it, but thats how it goes :). I did it for the learning experience, I got the Z when i turned 16 and hadn't ever even changed oil before. With help from you guys, the jags that run book and a couple freinds i did it. Im selling it to a freind so i get to see him dump rediculous amounts of money into it now. So anyways, thanks.

This board certainly is a wealth of helpful knowledge. You are correct, building a car is a money losing proposition regardless what we see on Wrecks to Riches on Speed TV. Building your Z at 16 years old is an amazing accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself. I bought my Z car already built and have spent the past year rebuilding much of it and have just started the LT1 engine swap. This is not my first project car and if I had it to do this one all over again I would not have bought a prebuilt one. Sure, its easier to have someone else do the work and spend the money, but there is nothing like being able to say "Yes I built that". I'm sure you'll enjoy the Firebird, but I but you'll be altering it very soon. Hotrodding gets in your blood and there is no way to remove it.

This board certainly is a wealth of helpful knowledge. You are correct' date=' building a car is a money losing proposition regardless what we see on Wrecks to Riches on Speed TV. Building your Z at 16 years old is an amazing accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself. I bought my Z car already built and have spent the past year rebuilding much of it and have just started the LT1 engine swap. This is not my first project car and if I had it to do this one all over again I would not have bought a prebuilt one. Sure, its easier to have someone else do the work and spend the money, but there is nothing like being able to say "Yes I built that". I'm sure you'll enjoy the Firebird, but I but you'll be altering it very soon. Hotrodding gets in your blood and there is no way to remove it.

[/size']

Haha, yep. The ported heads and LT4 hot cam are going in the weekend i pick it up. Once a car guy, always a car guy.